Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Tonight we got holes!



If you have a hole you fill it.





Think Dentist.






Think tire repair.






Think Shoe repair.






Think Tailor.






Think window.






Think garden.






I have a HUGE Sweet Gum Tree in the front yard. Half the area under the tree is hosta and pacasandra (which I may have spelled wrong) and the other half is hosta and impatience. Well they were wilted tonight and I know they need water daily. So I went to water. What did I find?
Holes.



Holes where the plants had been.






Want to see the other damage?









Definite witness that there are voles that are making the holes.



Plants were helter skelter and I had a hose.



I filled the holes. I comically refer to this process as water boarding. I understand the Geneva Convention I just prefer to take no prisoners. Early in the spring I did this process and the lawn is clear. Guess they moved under the tree. I am resisting getting the peanut treats for them that worked for my neighbor so well. But this is war. I will win.



And now the day lilies... there are others but these are my two favorites!





Sweet garden dreams to you....

No comments: