- "Please" and "Thank You" are the two most important words in the communication process.
- "Excuse me" and "Pardon me" are next.
- Keep your promises. Do what you say you are going to do. Make it important to be a person of your word.
- Rude is an example of your ignorance and lack of respect for the other person.
- Apologizing is essential to survival. Nobody is perfect. We all make mistakes. Just own them and learn and get on with life.
- Smoking is dumb, expensive and stinky. It affects everyone.
- Courteous behavior goes a long way.
- Appreciate what you have. One day you may find out that you have more than you ever imagined and wasted time complaining that it was not enough.
- Sing whenever possible. It can get you through the hardest of times.
- Stop the complaining. You may miss the most important minute of your day because you were grousing about the last ten minutes being not what you wanted them to be.
- Keep your things picked up and orderly. Live simply. Less is more.
- Never mind about what others have. They are not you and you are not they. You were made to be the individual that you are. One of a kind. Stay true to yourself. Always.
Monday, October 27, 2008
Friday, October 3, 2008
DEAR ADORING PUBLIC!
I want to thank all of you for your patience with me over the last month. I have never worked so hard for so long with so few hands in my life.
I appreciate all the support that the DH has given me unconditionally. He has walked the dog twice a day, cooked meals that I have missed, created recipes that we can eat, done laundry and been a peaceful presence in my everyday life.
DH YOU ARE MY BEST FRIEND!
This weekend I am going on retreat to hopefully clear the head.
The animals have not forgiven me for being away 24/7.
They are glued to my lap and side.
My new trick is knitting two socks at the same time - pictures soon.
My garden needs to be dug up and put away for the winter.
I am happy to be back among the living and have no desire ever to do another LARGE event for 1300 high maintenace people again.
I do have one funny aside. A friend uses silver colored plastic pieces all the time. I showed these to the ladies who were "planning the luncheon" and you would have thought I invented air. OY!UNREAL!
OK back to reality. Dyson the floors - cook - do laundry and switch the clothes for the warmer variety!
Love you all for your patience and keep the soldier in your prayers...
He left today for deployment.