Sunday, July 22, 2007

HARVEST TIME

DELICATA SQUASH

MORE DELICATA SQUASH


POPPY


CUCUMBERS

PURPLE FLOWER FORGOT THE NAME!

So it seems that the garden is about to produce in abundance. I was happy to discover that Delicata squash is a winter squash and will keep 4-6 months. I have a shelf in the basement waiting for it.
My DD#1 came for dinner (I grilled some pork tenderloin and potatoes on the grill I did not want very much!) After dinner I wanted to show her the squash and while we were out there she discovered the cucumbers had begun to grow. I have been so busy watching the squash, tomatoes and peppers that I completely overlooked the cuces. Way to go daughter. She did say that havesting was her favorite part and she much preferred vegetable gardens to flower gardens any day! So out comes the sun pickle recipe and the collection of herbs and spices I need to make the pickles - an old family favorite...
Stay tuned we are going to have lots of pictures of harvest time I am sure!
Sunday Sabbath - I sat for one hour and I fell asleep and I even know I snored... Confession is good for the soul... my goal was to sit for an hour.... that was success in my book.
Have a peace filled week - give hope to the world - listen longer - encourage one another by being kind.... walk if you can instead of using the car - - - try that two times in the next week and see how you feel about walking on short trips...

GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME
ALL THE TIME GOD IS GOOD

No comments: