Sunday, July 8, 2007

A DAY AT THE BEACH

Or so it would seem


Gardening, watering and feeding the roses.





Then there was time for the wading pool -- water and sun and relaxation - there was the most gentle breeze - and the sun was hot and it reminded me of the deck on the beach house we rented two summers ago - the only difference was the birds chirping were not seagulls!

I got into the rather cold water but my head was VERY hot - so I kicked my legs and the cold water cooled my blood and I got the wierdest sensation in my head - hot on the outside and cold on the inside - very strange indeed!






Then there are always flowers....








and what is a weekend without ....

and then there was some progress on the socks... starting here Saturday morning and ending







here on Sunday evening





Then there is the eat or be eaten saga of the garden. I wanted to plant a surprise bouquet for my friend. She LOVES Sunflowers. So I planted 2-ten foot rows of sunflowers. I had one plant left this morning.



Guess the deer have decided that sunflowers are the gourmet treat of the month. I will try again next year to grow a bouquet of sunflowers for my friend.



I planted more seeds but I am not sure they will mature in time for this season.



So in light of that adventure I harvested enough herbs to make a great cup of tea tonight... chamomile, lemon verbena, lemon balm, and some apple mint.


OK so a quick shower some hot tea and then to rest for the Sabbath day is indeed for rest.

I had a great day at the beach! Hope you did too!


GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME
ALL THE TIME GOD IS GOOD

1 comment:

Unknown said...

To answer your question, no I use the Elizabeth Zimmerman cast off using a sewing needle. Very elastic. Look at my Knitivity sock-they are my first toe up.