Sunday, September 30, 2007

Journal - September 30, 2007

How does that calendar roll so fast?


Yesterday was Homecoming for 1st Granddaughter! WOW!
We went to the Homecoming Game and saw her march in the Band of the High School - just the fact that I put Granddaughter and High School in the same sentence makes my head swim.


I then put ALL NIGHT in a sentence with 2nd Granddaughter and I see that they are both in those wonderful BE-tween years!


I love my Grandchildren. That said - I miss them alot! I loved their hugs when we visited on Friday night and look forward to celebrating the next Birthday event on the Sunday of choice for The Birthday Diva.


Funny story here: One Grand is all about pink and the other is not! They too are as different as night and day when it comes to life. But inside they both have hearts of gold and their smile can brighten any day... I want them to know in that smile I see the HOPE of the future in their eyes and I hold that smile in my heart each day...


*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*


I went out on the deck this morning and the surface was cool beneath my feet. There was a hawk in the tree above; birds at the feeder; a clear blue sky; the reflection of a fading moon; dog on a lead; and the sounds of birds chirping everywhere; the coffee in my hand was hot and the robe was warm. In my mind and heart I will hold that very real moment close as I finish up the last details of a project that have taken so many moments like that away from me.


I strive for balance. I try to also be aware of the moment. I love boundaries and have always had trouble when they become blurred. I like to know what is my job and then try to do that with clarity because at the end of the day that is all I can review as my part in making this blue sphere rotate.


In the boundary realm I realized a long time ago that I am not responsible for the actions of others - I am only responsible for my reaction to them. As I observe others I see that boundaries are a good thing... for me. Maybe others too, but they have not come to that point in the sentence and I just wait....
In the day to day I work with and for DREAMERS and they have their place in the world - BUT - in order to achieve that dream the rubber has to meet the road somewhere and mixing reality with dreams is a lot harder on the worker than on the dreamer...


Which brings me back to BALANCE!

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*


Did I ever tell you that I also collaborate on projects with the "Mud" of "Fiber Meets Mud"?


I do not watch as much DIY TV as he does but I love to watch carpentry shows SOMETIMES.


(if I controlled the clicker we would be watching chick movies, National Geographic, and the cooking channel)



So today when he came to me in my cave and said he was taking my advice about the current building project, I was at the same time flattered and frightened. We chatted about it and we are OK and on the same page.


I may have missed my calling I should have studied either architecture or a biology but that is a story for another day!

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Did I mention that Jackson has a relative named Houdini!

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

breathe
breathe
breathe
breathe
breathe
breathe
breathe
breathe
breathe
breathe



EXHALE

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME ALL THE TIME GOD IS GOOD

No comments: