Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Looking for the Eb and Flow of Life

During this common time I am seeking to find the pulse of life again. Slow and rythmic. Eb and flow. I have started being more aware of surrounding which helps me focus. Tonight I tapped into a great eb and flow of life: Laundry - it gets dirty - you wash it and put it away - - - how much more eb and flow is that - - - when the kids were younger and I had mountains to conquer daily, I would pray for them as I folded the laundry - - tonight I prayed for me and the mister!

Someone suggested I read and sing the hymn: Leaning on the Everlasting Arms. Here are the lyrics...

"Leaning on the Everlasting Arms."

What a fellowship, what a joy divine, leaning on the everlasting arms;
What a blessedness, what a peace is mine, leaning on the everlasting arms.

refrain:
Leaning, leaning, safe and secure from all alarms;
Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

Oh, how sweet to walk in this pilgrim way, leaning on the everlasting arms;
Oh, how bright the path grows from day to day, leaning on the everlastingarms.

refrain:
Leaning, leaning, safe and secure from all alarms;
Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

What have I to dread, what have I to fear, leaning on the everlasting arms?
I have blessed peace with my Lord so near, leaning on the everlasting arms.


refrain:
Leaning, leaning, safe and secure from all alarms;
Leaning, leaning, leaning on the everlasting arms.

OK so if you need a visual think about sitting in the lap of the big statue of Abraham Lincoln at the Lincoln Memorial...

Off to hum a few bars of everlasting arms.... leaning.. knitting... leaning in the everlasting arms!





GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME
ALL THE TIME GOD IS GOOD

1 comment:

Where fibers meet mud said...

ATTRIBUTION FOR THE SONG:

Anthony J. Showalter had received some sad news from friends
and in his reply letter he included the verse, Deut 33: 27. But after
thinking on the verse even more he thought that those words would be a great
theme for a hymn. He immediately wrote the words for the refrain and music
for the hymn. But he needed help for with the stanzas so he went to see
Elisha Hoffman author of over 2000 gospel hymns. Hoffman provided the
stanzas and Showalter the refrain and music to the new hymn, in 1887,
"Leaning on the Everlasting Arms."