Sunday, June 22, 2008

WEEKEND IN THE GARDEN - OH BOY!



A REALLY BOUNTIFUL HARVEST OF LAVENDER IN A 6 INCH DIAMETER VASE....





TO THE LEFT YOU CAN SEE LEEKS GROWING VERY VERY SLOWLY AND THAT PESKY CRABGRASS RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PLOT











TWO PURPLE PEPPER PLANTS ON THE DECK TABLE. THERE ARE 3 DIFFERENT BASIL PLANTS; 2 SCENTED GERANIUMS AND 6 ORANGE PATIO TOMATO BUSHES
THE SINGLE PLANT THAT LOOKS LIKE A TOMATO IS REALLY A GROUND CHERRY WHICH IS AN EXPERIMENT FOR THIS YEAR. There are about 6 total and several Wonderberry bushes growing too. More experiments....




SALSIFY, WHICH I HAD TO START AGAIN BECAUSE IT LOOKED SO MUCH LIKE GRASS THAT MOST OF THE FIRST BATCH GOT WEEDED OUT. THIS MAKES ME THINK ABOUT STARTING EVERY SEED I BUY IN A CUP SO I KNOW WHAT I AM GROWING.
That is what I have today. Soon there will be pictures of the day lilies that I have been waiting for two years to see. They do not bloom the first year you plant them and this year I have been spraying them with Deer Scat and putting dog hair all around them every time I empty my Dyson.
Any guess on the amount of knitting I have accomplished?
Sweet Dreams...

No comments: